|Desert Tactics (OF version) - File Description
| Description: |
$ TEXAS $ is back, and this time, it is with an update to his super popular Desert Tactics map! Although this is not really a gameplay or feature-introducing update as much as it is an update to make this map Opposing Fronts friendly!
One of the secondary changes made to this map include:
- The map can be used with all four Armies:
- Panzer Elite
- The Black Elite Tiger has been replaced with the King Tiger
- Some new visuals have been added to the map
The command abilities are as they were before:
- Super Charged Artillery
- Improved Emplacements
- Creeping Barrage
- Hull Down
- Panzer Elite
- Double AT
- Road Block
If you're new to Desert Tactics, or need to a refreasher, then read on. A lot of fun, as well as some serious battles will be on the artinuary for this day, be prepared for a long raging, possible bloodbath! You will receive 11 abilities in Desert Tactics, seven of these will be displayed in the game, however the first three for each team are not, these are:
- Ability to capture points with vehicles
- Ability to allow riflemen to build defenses
- Ability to build Howitzers
- Greater line of sight around control points
- The Fortify Perimeter ability
- Ability to build the 88mm Flak 36AT/AA gun
There are also special control points available:
- There is one point to receive random Armor reinforcements
- One point to receive random, Support unit reinforcements (snipers, Armored cars, etc.)
- Controlling all four center points will provide special rewards:
- Receive a reinforcement of an Elite (Black) Tiger Ace (one for each player) every 8 minutes
Some important information on this download:
If you HAVE Opposing fronts or patch v188.8.131.52 or higher DOWNLOAD this version of Desert Tactics
If you HAVE the Original Company of Heroes with patch v1.71 or LOWER DO NOT Download this version
Refer to the readme for more information.
| || || |
|Desert Tactics (OF version) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Desert Tactics (OF version) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Desert Tactics (OF version) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Desert Tactics (OF version)
(2 vs. 2)
by: "$ TEXAS $"
This update is not exactly a replacement. this update fixes the code in the scar file so that this map can run
with Opposing Fronts
The map can be used with all four Armies (British, Americans, Axis, and Panzer Elite)
Also a few new visuals have been added to the map
The Special control points are the same, just adjusted for the new Armies
The Black Elite Tiger has been replaced with the King Tiger
as for the command abilities, just like before they are all provided the Panzer Elite have 3 non-obvious abilities
and the British have 4, each has 11 total:
1)Super Charged Artillery
>>This map can be a little demanding on you computer during certain events and may crash if graphics levels are to high<<
>>Map still needs to be played with Fixed positions and all four slots filled with Human or AI players<<
if you HAVE Opposing fronts or patch v184.108.40.206 or higher DOWNLOAD this version of Desert Tactics
if you HAVE the Original Company of Heroes with patch v1.71 or LOWER DO NOT Download this version
A 4 player map: This map is a return to the desert, with scar coding. The map is somewhat large
and contains a very open center which can prove difficult to hold. There are some familiar control
points on this map as well as some new surprises.
first of all you wont be able to research your command abilities, however you will receive more abilities
than you could originally get (with out cheating), 11 total. 7 of these will appear on your display during
the game but the first three for each team wont be very obvious, so I will tell you what they are:
> for allies <
1) ability to capture points with vehicles
2) ability to allow riflemen to build defenses
3) ability to build Howitzers
> for Axis <
1) greater line of sight around control points
2) the "Fortify Perimeter" ability
3) ability to build "88mm Flak 36AT/AA gun"
of course abilities such as Tiger, Pershing, V1, and Artillery strikes will be provided.
Special control points:
(1) there is one point to receive random, Armor reinforcements
(2) there is one point to receive random, Support unit reinforcements (snipers, Armored cars, etc.)
(3) controlling all four center points will provide special rewards
> for the allies, a Air Raid every 5 minutes
> for Axis, receive a reinforcement of a King Tiger (one for each player)
every 8 minutes
There are also a couple of new surprises to prolong the battle, but I don't want to give away everything.
-Unzip all the files in "Desert_Tactics.zip" to:
"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\WW2\Scenarios"
Note: "\HP-Administrator\" may go by a different name on your computer
This is a .sga file and does NOT require the "-dev" in the Company of Heroes shortcut
if you already have the "-dev" it's not a problem.
Feel free to use this map in any way you want just give me credit for my work!
if you have any problems you can contact me at email@example.com
|Desert Tactics (OF version) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Company of Heroes Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 19 | Last comment: 10-16-2008 at 11:51
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!