|Europe in Ruins (v1.8.3) - File Description
| Description: |
Much to the enjoyment of the Company of Heroes community, fldash has returned with the newest release of the popular Company of Heroes modification: Europe in Ruins! This download is a multiplayer modification for Company of Heroes that attempts to convert the games into a MMO-RTS with applied persistency and an online war.
Europe in Ruins requires a backend website to track and manage the persistent war and players' companies and as such you can't play the modification without logging onto the website and going through some steps to get your profile setup and ready to go. In addition, as may be expected, it's an online multiplayer modification also.
Setting up your profile involves signing up for either Axis or Allies and choosing your doctrine (3 per side) and then selecting your initial abilities in the doctrine. Once you do that, 3 companies are assigned to you and these are the companies you will use to play your battles. The companies however, aren't pre-made, you are simply given resources to purchase the units and upgrades you want. Once that's done, you assign them into platoons which defined how you want to call them into battle. For example, one platoon could be a tank and some engineers to repair it.
Battles are setup in an attacker/defender scenario. The defender gets a certain amount of time to setup defenses before the attackers are allowed to deploy. They can use this time to setup a plan of action using the provided TeamSpeak channels and to place mines, tank traps and to build bunkers, sandbags, and wire.
- The Objectives
- At the start of every game, the defenders have a setup time while the attackers will generally have to wait until their forces are deployed.
- In the VP mode, the objective is to hold more sectors than your opponent, doing so will decrease his tickets (shown at the top of the screen). Whoever manages to decrease the opponent's tickets to 0 wins.
- Sectors are captured by simply moving into an unoccupied sector. The more units you have in a sector, the faster it will turn. Certain units can't capture sectors.
If you encounter any issues, the dev team would like you to visit their forums for a quick resolution.
- Some of the changes in this version include:
- All squad and doctrine abilities have had their munitions cost removed and are balanced based on a number of uses and cooldown.
- All new doctrines for v1.8. [see website for details]
- Changed resource management to Total Army Value to help balance veterans with new players.
- Implemented unit availability which prevents spamming units and makes destroying your opponents units more beneficial.
- 15s of 'For the Fatherland' type spawn protection.
- Airborne AT recrewed can be re-airdropped if you are the Airborne doctrine.
- You can now retreat taken over weapons off-map to store in your company on the website.
Refer to the readme for more information.
| || || |
|Europe in Ruins (v1.8.3) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Europe in Ruins (v1.8.3) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Europe in Ruins (v1.8.3) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Europe In Ruins Modification - ALPHA!
fldash - firstname.lastname@example.org
* This is a MULTIPLAYER MOD only! You must first create a war control panel account on
our website and setup your company/battalion.
* To install run EIR_Setup.exe. It should automaticaly select your Company of Heroes
directory, however if it doesn't, please choose it.
* EIR Launcher should be used in most cases to start a game.
* If the EIR_Launcher fails to work, you'll have to start the mod using the start menu
shortcut in the Europe In Ruins start menu folder.
* Our default channel for organizing 'default' battle games is 'Dieppe' on Relic Online.
* Teamspeak information available at our site: http://www.europeinruins.com
* If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on our forums.
* All squad and doctrine abilities have had their munitions cost removed and are balanced based on a number of uses and cooldown.
* All new doctrines for v1.8. [see website for details]
* Changed resource management to Total Army Value to help balance veterans with new players.
* Implemented unit availability which prevents spamming units and makes destroying your opponents units more beneficial.
* 15s of 'For the Fatherland' type spawn protection.
* Airborne AT recrewed can be re-airdropped if you are the Airborne doctrine.
* You can now retreat taken over weapons off-map to store in your company on the website.
* New .DLL for reporting.
* Fixed objective issue when you are about to win/lose by pushing the opponent off the map.
* Adjusted battle report to keep players from missing out on their resources at midnight.
* Removed some debug messages.
* Modified reinforcement timer slightly to adjust for the Axis/Allies infantry pop differences.
* Hotfix for SCAR error.
* Infantry gain veterancy 20% slower.
* Defenders VP amount decreased slightly.
* Reinforcement timer modified to show 'potential reinforcement time'.
* Territory requirement for VP mode. Must hold 10% of territory to stay in the battle.
* Added artillery through-out defensive setup time for defenders too close to attacker entry points.
* Various balance and doctrine changes.
* Increased VPs slightly
* Made defensive 'do not enter zone' near attackers entry points larger and artillery for being too close more accurate.
* Various balance changes.
* +6 Pop for Allies.
* Seriously, Inspired Assault is no longer free.
* Lowered vPs a little.
* No longer charged for repairing vehicles after a battle.
* New reinforcement timer system.
* 30% reduced capture time for territory.
* Various balance changes.
* Reporting even more statistics.
* Includes sending stats back to our server (kills/losses)
* Changes rules to lower priority in attempt to stop sync errors.
* Fixed bug in normal Europe In Ruins victory condition that was causing negative or extremely high pop-cap values.
* Fixed bug when a player wins by annihilation that tells them they lost.
* Triage Center now buildable.
* Added some error checking to building scripts that should help avoid SCAR errors.
* Fixed bug that wasn't allowing stats to be sent to the server.
* Added match reporting to website. We'll be reviewing results to make sure they are matching on each battle.
* Re-enabled EIR_Launcher.
* Fixed Allied/Axis unlimited buildings bug.
* VP Mode fixed.
* Fixed problem where you couldn't call in additional reinforcements when you already had some pending arrival.
* Lowered reinforcements timers significantly.
* Fixed issue with Airborne where they couldn't call in additional population.
* All new doctrine abilities for v1.7. 16 potential abilities per doctrine.
* New game modes, IPMP (Europe In Ruins) is based on gaining pop-cap by holding territories. Europe In Ruins VP uses a familiar VP type game-style with the old pop-cap increase method.
* All veterancy bonuses halfed to prevent super-elite units.
* Optimized over 500 lines of code to make it faster and less prone to SCAR errors.
* Other 'bonus' features.
* Fixed installer. Puts correct directory in 'Start In' path for it's shortcuts.
* Doctrine abilities work. (I think...)
* Territory manager revamped again, does it work?
* Optimized some code for when a player is killed.
* EIR Launcher is much more improved.
* vCOH 1.6 Changes
* Doctrine abilities only available once your company arrives (FOR SURE THIS TIME!)
* Reinforcing re-enabled, it's much more expensive and takes more time.
* Fixed the way territory is captured. Report issues please. There were some problems in testing but I could never reproduce them consistently.
* Doctrine abilities only available once your company arrives with exceptions (Raid)
* Various cost/pop-cap changes.
* Fixed fatal SCAR error.
* Fixed Stuka upgrade doctrine ability.
* Pop Cap starts at 30 increases to 55. It increases by 1 every 1.25 minutes.
* Pop Cap starts at 30 increases to 55. It increases by 5 every 5 minutes. (Testing)
* Vehicles and cloakable units no longer turn territory.
* When setting up defense, if you get to close to an attackers spawn you get a warning. If you continue closer, the offending units are warped back to your offmap position.
* Health on building decreased by 1/2.
* Reinforcing removed.
* Various cost/pop-cap changes.
* Doctrines added. One is broken (Stuka upgrade one, it's free for now)...
Details coming soon...
Added: Officer Supervise State
Changed: Repair Rate Lowered
Changed: Various Unit Costs/Pop Caps
Changed: Minimum Platoon Cap 8, Max 40
Changed: Readjusted Mortar/HMG health Values
Fixed: Various Bugs
Fixed: Sync error, woops.
Fixed: Swapped upgrades (Stuka/Flammenwafer, M8 Armour/MG)
Fixed: Riflemen can now retreat offmap.
Changed: Max pop cap on the field lowered to 40.
Changed: Various cost/pop changes to squads.
Changed: Officer now comes with artillery and route enemy by default.
Changed: All buildable buildings health increased by 300%.
Changed: Health of mortars and HMG's significantly reduced (affects weapons, not crews)
Added: Officer can supervise stationary troops (mortar, hmg, nebel) and grant them a 20% increase in accuracy.
Added: Axis tank upgrades, MG42 and Armour Skirts for Panther, PzIV, Stug, and Stuh.
Added: 1 second delay between calling in platoons.
Fixed: Rangers not spawning with bazookas.
Fixed: Platoon groups 5 as Allies now usable, Platoon groups 4, 5, and 6 now usable as Axis.
Fixed: Population is correctly computed when calling in reinforcements.
Fixed: 88 needing resources.
|Europe in Ruins (v1.8.3) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Company of Heroes Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 9 | Last comment: 12-14-2008 at 08:45
Joined: April 13th, 2007
|this mod is a bit pointless |
'the popular Company of Heroes modification: Europe in Ruins'
i think not
ever heard of kmod or commando realism
i think this mod just makes the game stupid
other people may think diffrent though
Joined: May 20th, 2006
|to Kamino |
could you please list your mod ( the one you made or worked in ) **seiously i wanna know i.m at you. i share "part" of your opinion.
on the other hand the mod you told about are both great indeed !
I would like to have EIR in just a "mod" without been multiplayer only.
that is the only thing that keep me from playing it. i got very little time to play online.
Joined: May 20th, 2006
|OK Sorry i meant : |
**seiously i wanna know i.m *NOT* at you. i share "part:".....
i taped insert and the smiley deleted the "not"
Joined: August 20th, 2007
|I'm sorry you feel that way. Apparently the modification is fun to my 200+ active players and has obviously caught the eyes of someone considering it's won an award on ModDB.com and is going to be in both PC Games and PC Action German gaming magazines. You sound bitter. |
Joined: September 13th, 2007
|First of all, shut up Kamino. Either you haven't played this mod, or you have and you are just an amateur gamer who doesn't get it. Perhaps you just aren't very good at multiplayer? |
This is an awesome mod encouraging online team play, and the developers know what they are doing. I highly recommend this if you are looking for something completely new and fun to try for Company of Heroes multiplayer!
Joined: April 26th, 2007
|fldash, about your German magazines....just to let you know....mwahahahaha I bet you to it |
And my mod has won mod of the week 2ce, so what you have is nothing special
However, I agree, This mod is a good mod, and alot of work has gone into it, out of all mods, im glad to have this one as my competion, it only makes the victory even sweeter...
But something I did notice when i downloaded this mod, is that your INSTALLER doesnt work i ran the shortcut, used all my brains to get the mod goin, then gave up, mind you, i didnt try that hard, cause in my opinion, if the installer cant get it right, then why should i waste my time, trying to get someones mod running, when they cant be bothered to get it to run
But nice work fldash, id give you 7/10 just on the readme, and proly bout 9/10 if I could play the mod...and proly 10/10 for the principal that you have created an entirely unique mod
From: (Northen Territory)
Joined: October 10th, 2007
|screenshots plz |
Joined: July 24th, 2007
|personaly i think this is one of the greatest mods created, shur you got mods that look great and play great, but they all get dull and boring after a while, this mod, EIR, creats somthing totaly new it is byond simple coding and some fancy new units but gives the player a unqiqe relistic combat experance. |
in EiR you never play agenst mindless comps or anoying self right house pros, but agenst an active comunity of great players.
shur the lurning curv is a bit hard but there are plenty of guids and torturials, and the comunity is greatfull to help out new players, from tech issues to stratagy.
i haft to say in my opinion as a moder this hast to be one of the greatest mods i have seen
Joined: February 2nd, 2008
|Great mod dont get me wrong, but there are no matches to play,anyone know any chat servers to join for one. |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!