Opposing Fronts Beta Client - Official
Posted by: Hfx-Rebel on 08-19-2007 @ 09:08 - Source: Fileplanet
This News Item has been viewed 10,417 times
What do you think about playing a key role in the behind the scenes decisions concerning the much anticipated release of a sequel to a popular game? ...Not to mention the fact that you would be part of an exclusive team to be testing this anticipated release of a sequel!
If this is something you would be intersted in, then read on!
THQ is offering FilePlanet subscribers exclusive Closed Beta access to join the next chapter in the critically acclaimed Company of Heroes series; Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. Availability is extremely limited so don’t wait, JOIN NOW!
For those of you just coming out of a coma, and don't know what Opposing Fronts is all about:
Company of Heroes™: Opposing Fronts™ is the next chapter in the groundbreaking real-time strategy franchise from critically acclaimed studio Relic Entertainment. This standalone game features two unique armies with full length campaigns. Players will experience fast-paced dynamic tactics like never before, in two of the most brutal World War II campaigns ever fought. Take command of the tenacious British 2nd Army in the vicious battle for Caen, France, or lead the German Panzer Elite as they struggle to repel the largest airborne invasion in history.
With two intensely cinematic campaigns, mission persistence, improved vehicle AI and weather effects that directly impact the battlefield, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts supports DirectX® 10 and is fully compatible with the original Company of Heroes. Battle online with these two all-new armies and utilize full compatibility with the original Company of Heroes™ for a total of four playable armies - allowing players to wage the ultimate war for Fortress Europe.
Features of this game include:
- Two New Armies:
- Play as the British 2nd Army or German Panzer Elite, each with devastating command trees options and unit upgrades.
- Two Full Campaigns:
- Command the British 2nd Army to liberate the key strategic position of Caen, France.
- Control the German Panzer Elite to repel the Allied airborne invasion in Operation Market Garden.
- Real War, Real Battlefields, Real War Enhanced:
- Mission Persistence, Dynamic Weather Effects, Enhanced Vehicle Tactics and more deliver a new level of realism and all new battlefield tactics.
- All new Multiplayer Modes:
- Combine Company of Heroes™: Opposing Fronts™ with the original Company of Heroes for a total of four playable armies online. Join British artillery with American armor to dominate the Third Reich or utilize Wehrmacht and Panzer divisions to annihilate the Allied invasion.
- DirectX® 10 Support:
- The highest rated RTS franchise features enhanced lighting effects and terrain details setting new standards in visual realism.
I am sad to say that I do not have the time to participate in this beta testing, but I hope that those of you that do get a chance to take part will state some highlights of what is to come! Thanks to andrew smith for the heads up on this.
08-24-2007 @ 20:20 - FileFront Network Insider #106
08-19-2007 @ 07:47 - Weekly Poll Results - Which did you prefer more? Why?
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Company of Heroes Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 12 | Last comment: 01-04-2008 at 12:10
Joined: April 12th, 2007
|yes !!! i need that game |
Joined: June 28th, 2006
|lol no worries happened to spot it on the site, so i thought id mention well to be honest, it rocks lol cant wait for the full one to come out now! the british rule! |
Joined: May 27th, 2007
|Somebody spill it! |
How good is it?
Joined: March 4th, 2007
|Ok time to mention something about the beta... |
I myslef am in the beta and lemme tell you that the connection is so %$!@ing gay you need to press the refresh button for like 10 minutes before you can join another game...
Joined: June 28th, 2006
|yeah the connections have big problems so far, i dnt think thats breachiung the NDA at any rate, unfortunately cant tell u much other than that i dont think, al im sayiun is that the brits rock, but panzer elite have realk advantages too if played right, unfortunately i cant really pleay either correctly so i lose a lot ... lol |
From: (ymGz RollaH t0wn)
Joined: December 11th, 2006
|They have fixed much of the connection problems so far, but hey! its a beta! Once your in the game, you cant stop playing ^^ |
it just rocks!
Joined: May 20th, 2006
|Bou-- bou -ou !!! |
i want a key please relic !!
Joined: June 25th, 2007
|Plz could someone say if there's a demo plzz!!! And relic: I NEED THE GAME PLZ!! |
Joined: June 28th, 2006
|no demo yet, but the beta is out, the demo jus hasnt been released yet but id say there probably will be one, though like a week before the gane is released, since thats what they did with dawn of war dark crusade |
Joined: August 28th, 2007
|Ok so I downloaded the whole thing, then got all the patches, then i go to create an account, but i supposedly am supposed to receive an email with the code and I havent received one can some one please help me??? |
Joined: August 20th, 2006
|They arnt just giving them away here on a public forum -_- you need to be subscribed to something to get it, like filefront or be a beta player on the game as registered from the begining |
Joined: January 4th, 2008
| hey hey lol nice |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!